Hello Cryptex Team,
My name is James Lenhart. I currently live in Puerto Rico with my fiancé and two cats. We moved from Colorado last year after the previous company I worked for started to reduce headcount due to the pandemic.
I served as the Head of Creative and Head of Product at the former company, Reserve Trust.
Before Reserve Trust, I was the Director of Brand & Creative for TelTech, where I worked on several mobile apps in product design and creative marketing efforts.
While I am new to this DAO governance model, my knowledge continues to grow each day as I push myself and ask more questions. It seems like as soon as I grasp one thing, here comes the next. I love this.
If accepted into the Cryptex team, I would propose the following efforts for the first two months:
- Create a PR & Marketing asset pack so that journalists and other organizations could spread the word about us through their channels using our approved brand marketing material
- Design a brand usage guideline (tone of voice, identity assets, mission, vision, just cause)
- Begin planning or sketching out some mobile tooling, maybe even begin an early mobile app concept
- Work on some community-led efforts to leverage our social channels and get more people talking about the brand
- I could take on any of the efforts under our Github projects tab related to community, brand, or design. I would maybe start with the SEO effort and tie that into the usage guidelines to ensure consistency.
- I would propose coming up with a new hire onboarding manual to have a streamlined process and align with the vision and values of the rest of the community.
- Create a customer/investor touchpoint map so that we can understand our customers at a deeper level. The map’s purpose would be to track metrics and find easy ways to grow the product. This effort may lead to a persona map.
- I would recommend working on public documentation using Gitbook or having an open-source reference guide for how to do certain things within the product. I think clear product documentation is essential, as we can reference it in the Discord as the community gets ready for a wave of growth.
My core competencies include:
- Product Design
- Brand Design
- Product Management
- Documentation & Guideline Creation
Tools I use:
- Figma, XD, Sketch, Illustrator
- Github, Markdown
Thank you for taking the time to read my proposal. Currently, in my spare time, I am doing a lot of studying and reading about DeFi and the new ETH. I’ve recently spun up some validators in the cloud, and I am excited to see how the merge will go.
One last thing, I want to do this because I want to grow and learn as much as I can. I think we are in the middle of one of the most revolutionary times in financial history. As I said, while I may not understand everything in regards to how a DAO operates, I am willing to learn and keep a level head through this next wave of growth. I realize there are many unknowns, but I am eager to put in the time and effort to challenge myself and my understanding of things.