Since the creation of TCAP and CTX we have wanted to create a staking mechanism that rewards token holders that have the conviction to hold/believe in the protocol and that engage in community activities or governance. After reviewing other protocols staking mechanisms with Preston we went into the design of a new mechanism that encourages CTX to be used in governance.
The user flow would be something like this:
- CTX politicians create a delegator contract through the Staking Contract.
- CTX holders deposit and delegate amount to delegator through the Staking Contract.
- Users receive CTX rewards over time.
- CTX politicians engage directly in discussion and vote on-chain with the power delegated by the community.
- CTX politicians get gas refunds for voting.
Here is an early mock of how the system will work. (Will update this post with a more complete design)